Wednesday, November 7, 2007

"Let there be Morning People"

After many months of absence, I once again enter the dotted portals of my blog. Diwali has arrived, and along with it comes a much needed holiday.
And i wonder what to crib about this time.

“I’m not a morning person. I never was, and I never will be.
All future lovers can go hop! (Or fetch tea in aid of self preservation.)”
- Sneha Stephen, 2007



There are two types of people in this world; those who are morning people and those who are not.
I like to sleep late. When I have to wake up early, I am not nice.
When I do wake up, I need ten minutes for my brain to realise it is expected to think. After which I need 15 minutes of uninterrupted staring time and a bucket of tea to get into some working condition. Through all this, I can be a little unpleasant.
Ok, very unpleasant.

That’s just the way God made me.

Once he made me, he decided to turn comedic. Chuckling evilly, he whipped up a few of the ‘Morning people’.

Morning people are a species to beware of. They wake up early, are totally organised, have a nasty habit of being cheerful and a disgusting tendency to skip around gaily singing ‘Good Morning’ to all and sundry.

My father (a version of the morning person), has been trying for 22 years to convert me. So far he has only succeeded in getting a few grunts of disgust. He truly believes in the power of early morning activities - running, yoga, bowel cleansing, hydration, breathing, exercise, study, planning, walking, etc and bloody etc.
He also truly believes in being painfully vocal about it - IN THE MORNING!

Hey, I’m open minded…i'll admit its a flaw. I like to sleep late. So what? Its not like I smoke pot or spread hideous diseases while I’m at it!

Grand statements notwithstanding, I am powerless in the face of parental lectures. No amount of grunting and yelling will stop them.
So the saga continues.

And God chuckles evilly.

5 comments:

Jugal said...

Yus yus! Mornings are evil!

One must stay in the night,
the silent dark night,
when the energies of the world
are on a low down
and one can easily trample
through the sleeping souls...

No but seriously, Nights maan... nights :) in love with the nights...

singon said...

Be proud to be on the Dark side!! Bring in those morning people and show them the darkness.. the added warmth of the late mornings..

Lets convert them all! Muahaahha..

Sajan said...

I used to wake up early... only to things i love doing the most... when im reading a book and Dad says 'go sleep'. I will wake up early to finish the book. If i'm deprived of movies for sometime, I'll wake up at 5 to watch movies. But now, im not even able to that! Once my eyelids come down they are in control.

Gaurav said...

random...n in ur face...interesting!

Operative Knick-Knacks said...

When i was younger and my parents wanted me to wake up early..they used to prod me with the broom....It gets pretty nasty after that...

I so damn feel for u mate...